St. Mary’s tower has a peal of eight bells weighing a total of three and a half tons. Until 1896 there were six bells. It was in that year that two new bells were added and the chiming mechanism was installed.
The Ringing Chamber is situated part way up the tower, reached by climbing ninety four stone steps.
At the moment we have a dedicated team of five ringers and would welcome new recruits to what is both an enjoyable and worthwhile pursuit.